By: Samfiru Tumarkin
Share This Post
In Your Corner TV – Season 1 Episode 16
*FEATURED ON THIS EPISODE…*
► 3:08 – RECENT SUCCESS STORY: A 48-year-old emergency nurse who had a stroke and applied for Long-term Disability emailed us. The insurance company denied her claim stating she wasn’t “totally disabled.”
► 7:58 – A caller from http://www.employmenthour.com: I was cut off LTD because my adjuster saw photos of me on Facebook sitting and smiling at my sister’s wedding 3 months ago. My psychiatrist wrote them a note that says I still can’t work but they won’t budge. What can I do?
► Top 5 Myths About Long-term Disability
• 12:38 – If I am denied or cut-off from LTD there is nothing I can do. I am powerless.
• 15:04 – I don’t need an insurance lawyer to help me with my dispute. I can do it on my own.
• 16:53 – The insurer says that I have insufficient medical support for my LTD claim, so I am out of luck.
• 19:59 – I have to try to go back to work or else the insurer will be right in denying or cutting me off Long-term Disability.
• 21:30 – I can’t hire an insurance lawyer to help me with my LTD claim because I don’t have money to pay for the lawyer.
► 24:10 – firstname.lastname@example.org – My wife stopped working 2 years ago due to anxiety and depression. We were informed that her payments will end unless she goes for treatment with the psychologist the adjuster wants her to see. She’s already been seeing her own psychologist. Does she have to change doctors?
In Your Corner: Disability and Injury Law with Disability Lawyer Sivan Tumarkin and co-host John Scholes. Discover your rights in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia on Season 1 Episode 16 of the only long-term disability law show on TV in Canada.
Saturdays @ 1pm PT on Global BC
Sundays @ 8:30am ET on Global Ontario
Experiencing an Employment Issue?
Before you call a lawyer, use the Pocket Employment Lawyer to find out if you might have a case.
Use The Severance Pay Calculator to find out how much severance pay you may be owed upon termination.
Watch the Employment Law Show to discover your employment rights.
Denied Long-term Disability? We Can Help.
Discover your rights when your Long-term Disability Claim is denied.