By: Samfiru Tumarkin
Share This Post
In Your Corner Radio – Sunday, May 26th 2019
ON THIS EPISODE:
Should I be charged an hourly rate for an LTD case?
A woman with a catastrophic injury as a result of a car accident. Her claim had been going on for over 10 years, her lawyer was charging hourly for her case and had threatened to take away her house if she didn’t pay.
4 Red Flags If You Are Looking for An LTD or Personal Injury Lawyer
- If your lawyer is billing by the hour and expects payment regardless of the results of your claim.
- If your lawyer is disrespectful towards you.
- If your lawyer asks you to do anything unethical it is a red flag.
- Unresponsiveness. If your lawyer is not responding to your emails or getting back to you.
5 Things You Must Do ASAP If Your LTD Is About To Be Cut Off
- Call us immediately!
- Check the expiration date of your insurance policy.
- If you are unable to go back to work get your doctors to confirm in Writing that you are not capable to return to work.
- Apply for CPP if you haven’t already done so.
- Confirm with your adjuster in writing that you are not ready to return to work and that your doctors have said that you can’t.
What happens to my LTD if I am let go from my job while on leave?
Call I was let go from my work last August and was on LTD. My lawyer gave me the documents etc. I was given severance and was told my LTD would stop because of the severance I received.
What should I do if the insurance company says I can return to work but my doctors disagree?
My niece has MS and has been on disability for a year and a half. The insurance company’s doctor has said that she can return to work in a different position, her doctors disagree. She still suffers physically and has difficulty even at home. They have said she will be cut off.
Am I still covered by my insurance if I was let go while in the process of going on leave?
My brother has been struggling with various mental health issues. When he couldn’t work and was in the process of going on sick leave he was let go. Should he apply for LTD? Does he even have LTD now that he was fired? What should he do?
What do I do if I am being harassed by my insurance adjuster?
I’ve been harassed by my LTD adjuster for the past month and I don’t know what to do. He calls me every week and tells me that he needs more information and that if I don’t give it to him he’ll cut me off. My husband wants me to appeal but I just want to not deal with that adjuster anymore. It’s too stressful!
Can I change lawyers during an LTD claim?
My friend was denied long term disability she went to a lawyer who said he could help but nothing has happened for a year and a half. I’m thinking that maybe he’s not the right lawyer for her. Can she switch to you?
Experiencing an Employment Issue?
Before you call a lawyer, use the Pocket Employment Lawyer to find out if you might have a case.
Use The Severance Pay Calculator to find out how much severance pay you may be owed upon termination.
Watch the Employment Law Show to discover your employment rights.
Denied Long Term Disability? We Can Help.
Discover your rights when your Long Term Disability Claim is denied.