By: Samfiru Tumarkin
Share This Post
In Your Corner Radio – Sunday, January 6th 2019
Discover your rights and the TRUTH about long-term disability and personal injury. Sivan Tumarkin, Disability Lawyer and Partner at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP, joins co-host John Scholes as they guide you through the proper steps to take when your insurance provider cuts off your long-term disability or denies your insurance claim.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- I’m on long-term disability benefits. If the company terminates my employment, what happens to my LTD benefits?
- My husband is a recovering alcohol addiction. He was sober for three years, but started drinking again due to stress. His insurance company won’t put him on long-term disability unless he joins an inpatient program. Is that fair?
- EMAIL: I’ve been on long-term disability for almost 2 years and have a good relationship with my adjuster. However, she just told me she’ll be cutting me off because I don’t meet the new definition for total disability.
- Do I have to see a doctor referred by the insurance company? What if their doctor disagrees with my doctor’s decision?
- EMAIL: My husband is 52 and used to work as a mechanic until 2 and a half years ago when his knees gave out. He is on long-term disability, and can hardly walk, but the insurance company says he should be able to work, and should see their doctor. What should he do?
- When a long-term disability claim dispute is resolved, does the client get a cheque for a lump sum payment or monthly payments? Is the amount taxable?
- How quickly should you take action when a long-term disability claim is denied?
- EMAIL: I’ve been on long-term disability for just over a year. My doctor has told my insurance company that I am disabled from working. My insurer disagrees with doctor’s assessment, and told me to return to work.
- EMAIL: My 66-year-old mother tripped on hangers and fell at a large department store and broke her hip. Can she make a claim for her personal injury?
Experiencing an Employment Issue?
Before you call a lawyer, use the Pocket Employment Lawyer to find out if you might have a case.
Use The Severance Pay Calculator to find out how much severance pay you may be owed upon termination.
Watch the Employment Law Show to discover your employment rights.
Denied Long-term Disability? We Can Help.
Discover your rights when your Long-term Disability Claim is denied.
Watch the Disability Law Show to discover your disability rights!